Leadership Qualification Team Co-ordinator
- Holds stock of Adult Leaders Qualification Packs, Modules Books, Certificates, etc.
- Co-ordinates with County Quarter Leadership Qualification Co-ordinators
- Be available to Division Mentor Co-ordinators with advise and stationary
- Be available to any Leader with queries regarding new leaders and/or the Leadership Qualification
- Train new Mentors
- Verify completed Leadership Qualification Packs to check a uniformed standard of Mentoring.
If you are considering becoming a volunteer in Girlguiding Devon you will need to go to our Join Us tab and follow the instructions and a commissioner will contact you. You will need to fill in a Leadership Qualification Profile which can be found at the bottom of this page.
If you have completed your Leadership Modules 1-3 and wish to complete module 4 then find the attached form below and give to your local commissioner
Frequently asked questions
I have been DBS for work do I have to be checked again?
Yes, you have to be checked by Girlguiding because at present CRB's are not transferable.
I have attended First Aid Training but my Mentor is insisting I have to do another training, is this really necessary?
If you hold an up-to-date First Aid Qualification which has included child resuscitation then that will count towards your leadership qualification. You will need to do a Section Training.
Can I do a qualification in more than one Secton, i.e. Guides and Brownies?
Yes, but it is advisable to complete the qualification in one Section and then Module 1 in the other Section.
I'm not sure I am ready to be the Unit Leader, can I be an Assistant?
Yes, just do Modules 1,2, and 3. This will qualify you as an Assistant Guider. Before you complete all three modules you may feel happy to continue and complete module 4, or, you can complete module 4 at some date in the future. Speak to your Mentor about your feelings and keep her updated if they change.