Communications & PR Adviser
As communications and PR Adviser for Devon, I off advice and support for promoting Girlguiding across the County. The Key areas where I can sjupport you and your unit are:
Photography and Filming
- Advice for taking effective and engaging photos to share online or with the press. Guidance is also available online at: https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/making-guiding-happen/resources/how-to-us...
- Working with the press
- Top tips for establishing links to local press outlets
- Guidance on writing effective press releases that tie into current Girlguiding;s key messages and briefs from Girlguiding HQ
Branding and visual identity
- Support when commissioning materials to promote your unit/district/division. This could include printed posters/postcards for recruiting new leaders/members, promoting key events or celebrating your success!
Remember, you can use the Girlguiding design centre for free at the following link: https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/making-guiding-happen/resources/online-de...
If you are attending an event where you are promoting Girlguiding, the county holds promotional materials that can be used. This includes bannes, bunting, stickers and various posters. Please get in touch if you would like to use any materials. Past events include Armed Forces Day (Plymouth), University of Exeter Freshers' Fair and the North Devon Show.
- Promotion of Girlguiding in Devon on Social Media.
In the next few months, we will be setting up a Girlguiding Devon Instagram. If you have any posts/photos of recent events that you would like featured please send the to firstname.lastname@example.org or, you can tag Girlguiding Devon in your instagram posts, using @girlguidingdevon or #girlguidingdevon
Please remember: if images contain people you must have their consent before using them in promotion. All members (including adult leaders) must have 'opted in' to their image being shared on Go.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, or any ideas!